- Programs for SCHOOLS
- Programs for ADULTS
- Online Course
- Training Dates
- Our Trainers
Livingworks ASIST – Brisbane
Tuesday, Mar 19, 2019 – Wednesday, Mar 20, 2019
8:45am – 4:30pm
Learn the signs that tell you someone Isn’t OK and they might be thinking suicide. ASIST is an evidence-based two-day workshop that teaches you how to carry out life-saving interventions for someone at risk of suicide.
It helps you recognise when someone may be at risk of suicide, and then how to connect with them in ways that understand and clarify that risk, increase their immediate safety and link them with further help. Over 80,000 people in Australia have attended ASIST, and studies have proven that these methods reduce suicidal feelings and can help save a life.
- By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify people who have thoughts of suicide
- Understand how our own beliefs and attitudes can affect a suicide intervention
- Understand a person at risk’s story about suicide as well as recognise a turning point that connects the person to life
- Feel comfortable in knowing what to say to a person at risk of suicide
- Conduct a safety assessment and develop a plan that will keep the person at risk safe-for-now, unit other services can be engaged
- Confirm the person at risks confidence in their safety plan and their intent to follow it through.
Price includes, workbook, wallet card, list of networks, and light refreshments.
Event LocationSilky Oaks
218 Manly Road
Manly West, Queensland, 4179
Registration is closed for this event.For more information or questions, please email: email@example.com