- Programs for SCHOOLS
- Programs for ADULTS
- Online Course
- Training Dates
- Our Trainers
CALM 1 Day Suicide Intervention Pakenham, Victoria – Closed Event
Wednesday, Feb 26, 2020
9:30am – 4:30pm
Protect your clients and loved ones from suicide – learn how to talk about it.
An Australian workshop that teaches you how to “have a conversation” with somebody who may be thinking of ending their life.
This one day workshop CALM (Connect, Ask, Listen, Monitor) aims to start a conversation about suicide; provide you with the tools to recognise the warnings signs that somebody may be suicidal and then to ask about suicide; enable you to have a safe and intentional conversation if the answer is yes. It will also give you the resources to develop a safety plan and then link them into services or supports post your conversation if required. Most importantly it will teach you how to stay CALM when having this conversation.
We deliver the training in a supportive, respectful and inclusive environment, accepting each individual’s differences, with consideration and adaptation for their culturally diverse needs.
You will learn:
- How to recognize signs that someone may be thinking suicide
- How to keep CALM and have a conversation that may ease their pain and possibly save their life
- How to help someone talk about their stressors and concerns,
- How to help the person not feel judged, but rather understood and supported,
- How to have a conversation about options other than suicide
- How to develop a safety plan and link a person to supports and services
You will receive:
- The CALM model to guide you through your conversation
- A Workbook with examples of what to say or ask at any stage of the conversation, including a list of National Helplines and Websites in Australia.
- “Be Calm” app that you can use during an intervention
- “Be Safe” app or worksheet to give to the person you are assisting to document their safety plan
- Reading material to further your learning and development
- A printed certificate of attendance
- Trained and qualified trainers
- An evidence informed program that is based on therapeutic strategies that are proven to work.
Pakenham, Victoria, 3810