- Programs for SCHOOLS
- Programs for ADULTS
- Online Course
- Training Dates
- Our Trainers
Oftentimes there are subtle signs that someone is struggling with life and when these feelings become unbearable, they may start thinking that suicide is their only option.This half-day CALM C-A-R-E program teaches you how to be suicide aware and recognise when someone may be thinking about ending their life. This workshop will help you recognise the subtle warning signs that are often missed or overlooked, how to approach them, make a connection and know what to say. Above all it will equip you to confidently put your hand up when someone is signalling, they need care. This is an evidence and lived experience informed program.
You will learn:
- how to recognise the signs that someone may be at risk of suicide
- how to approach them and make a connection
- how to overcome the reluctance to ask about suicide
- learn about the power of listening
- what to do to ensure the person’s safety is addressed and they are protected from suicide
- how to use the ‘Calm Care’ app so that support is ongoing for the person as they work through their pain and distress
You will receive:
- A 16-page booklet packed with information and examples of helpful responses and practical questions to ask at any stage of the conversation. Your workbook also lists all relevant National helplines and websites in Australia.
- You will be given access to the ‘Calm Care’ app which will provide the person you are supporting with a tool they can use at anytime they are feeling vulnerable to connect to their supports, and provide automated messages when they are in crisis.
- You will be given a printed certificate of attendance that you can proudly put on display.
- You will have access to materials on our website to further your learnings and development.
- Our trainers have extensive first-hand experience in working with persons with suicide ideation, and supporting them towards safety.
- This an evidence-informed program that is focused on providing life-saving connections for someone when they are feeling their most vulnerable.
- All enquiries or expression of interest can be directed to our trainers, Sandra Willie or Melanie Schroder by email or telephone: (07)3077 6536; Mobile: 0433 121 999 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org